To keep felt flat roofing in good condition during the autumn and winter months, you need to be proactive with maintenance. If a property in Kidlington reaches a state of dilapidation, felt roof repairs might not be possible. Extend the lifespan of your installation by calling out our local roofers for an independent inspection and evaluation. We promise to be fair, transparent and accurate in our assessment of your home.
If we find an example of damage to flat roofing, a rapid response to the problem could be the difference between a minor repair job and having to reroof your home completely.
Here are our top tips for protecting flat roofs in Kidlington.
- If you have a felt roofing installation, make sure it is made from a quality membrane and not an older bitumen system. With the right care, felt roof repairs made in IKO TGX membranes could last for a couple of decades.
- Always give our local roofers a call after a period of rain or snow. We’ll let you know if the pitch of your flat roofing still allows for efficient water runoff. If you have a drainage issue, a fast response could help.
- Abingdon Felt Roofing strongly advises that you never walk on flat roofing made from felt. If a Kidlington home has an EPDM or a GRP roof, you should be able to walk on it without causing damage to the surface or the topcoat.
- Even if we haven’t had particularly bad weather, you can avoid felt roof repairs by having us out to perform an annual inspection. Our local roofers can see issues you can’t, and they can help stop problems from occurring.
- Keep a careful eye out for punctures, open seams and worn flat roofing surfaces. These are the most common reasons for a roof to fail but they are also the easiest to fix. The faster your response, the longer your roof will last.
- Knowing when to call us in for felt roof repairs, and knowing when to reroof, makes for a more cost-effective solution. If replacing your roof is the best option, we’ll always advise you as to why and with 100% honesty.
- Abingdon Felt Roofing suggests that you replace older felt systems in Kidlington with EPDM rubber. Our local roofers use Firestone RubberCover™ EPDM as an alternative to felt flat roofing because it lasts for many decades.
Take the time to care for your flat roofing structure, or have our local roofers perform an inspection for you. We have solid experience in slate, tile, EPDM and felt roof repairs so wherever in Oxfordshire you are, and whatever you need us for, Abingdon Felt Roofing is the name to trust for work-at-height operations. We have 50+ years of local roofing experience.
Kidlington is just one of many areas covered by our company, which also operates in Buckinghamshire and the Cotswolds.